For media-related questions, please send an email to: email@example.com
IRMA Press Releases
5 April 2016 -- Today, the Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance (IRMA) released the second and revised draft Standard for Responsible Mining for a sixty-day review and public comment period ahead of the first-ever global certification program for industrial-scale mine sites, planned to begin in late 2016. Find out how you can provide comments or read the entire press release here.
22 July 2014 -- Today, the Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance (IRMA) released the first draft of its Standard for Responsible Mining. IRMA is seeking feedback from stakeholders interested in responsible mining to improve this document. Find out how you can provide comments or download the press release here.
IRMA in the News
- Kiss Mining Goodbye? Business World Online. 16 February, 2017.
- Tiffany & Co: leading the way in ethically produced jewellery. The Telegraph. 18 November, 2016.
- Hot Alphabet Soup for Mining. Business World Online. 18 July, 2016.
- Industry pledges to operate sustainably Industry pledges to operate sustainably. E&E News. 29 June, 2016.
- Standard for Responsible Mining Expected Late 2016. Rapaport. 10 April, 2016.
- Updated Version of Standard for Responsible Mining released. Mining Global. 8 April, 2016.
- Lessons from Zimbabwe: the standard for responsible mining is being set. The Guardian. 6 April, 2016.
- REPORT: Standard for responsible mining released. Canadian Mining Journal. 6 April, 2016.
- Initiative will certify responsible metal production. E&E News. 5 April, 2016.
- Responsible mining standards published ahead of global certification programme launch. Creamer Media's Mining Weekly. 5 April, 2016.
- Standard for Responsible Mining Released. CSR Newswire. 5 April, 2016.
- IRMA Standard for Responsible Mining underway. World Coal. 4 April, 2016.
- Mining sector benchmarking: Digging themselves out of a hole. Ethical Corporation. 21 March, 2016.
- When Gold Isn’t Worth the Price. New York Times. 6 November, 2015.
- Tiffany & Co.'s new CSO on polishing the jewelry supply chain. GreenBiz. 28 July, 2015.
- Gold without the guilt. Deutsche Welle. 27 January, 2015.
- Mining for smartphone minerals is eating up farmland. The Guardian. 3 December, 2014.
- Why mining companies might be the Arctic’s best hope. The Conversation. 19 November, 2014.
- Draft released outlining international mining standard. Northern Ontario Business. 9 September, 2014.
- After Mount Polley, a Recipe for Better Mines. TheTyee. 25 Aug 2014.
- Diamanten Tiffany 100 procent transparant. MVO Nederland. 7 August 2014. (Article is in Dutch)
- Anglo American Joins IRMA For Responsible Mining. Mining Global. 6 August 2014.
- Crean una certificación de minería responsable junto a Sindicatos y ONG. Comunicación de Responsabilidad & Sustenabilidad Empresaria. 7 de agosto de 2014. (Article is in Spanish)
- IRMA drafts new standard for responsible mining. OHS Canada. 5 August 2014.
- Standardising responsible mining through a new certification system. The Guardian (Sustainable Business Partner Zone). 31 July 2014.
- IRMA: n vastuullisen kaivostoiminnan standardi kommentoitavana. Sitra. 28 July 2014. (Article is in Finnish)
- After eight years of collaboration, a new standard for ‘responsible’ mining arrives. 2degrees. 25 July 2014.
- Anglo American supports Standard for Responsible Mining. Mining Engineering Online. 24 July 2014.
- Standard for responsible mining released. MiningNews.net. 24 July 2014.
- Standard, with a difference? Mining Journal. 23 July 2014.
- Sweeping ‘responsible mining’ standards outlined. Mineweb. 23 July 2014.
- COMMENT: New standards for responsible mining proposed by IRMA. Canadian Mining Journal. 22 July 2014.